Saturday, April 6, 2013

Unearthly (Number #1) by Cynthia Hand

Hardcover435 pages
Published January 4th 2011 by HarperTeen


I knew from the beginning that i would really love this book. I enjoyed reading all parts and there were no dull moments about the book. Everything was depicted so clearly and I felt like I was Clara all throughout my reading experience. I couldn't explain how much this book fascinated me. This reading experience is quite new for me because I never thought that Angel stories would have a great impact for me. I have read the Providence trilogy by Jamie Mcguire, but the fighting scenes on the last part made me think that Angel books would have the same substance. Fighting with demons and save people. 

I am so happy that I gave this book a chance (thanks for the beautiful cover because that is actually one of the main reasons why I decided to read this). 

5 stunning stars for this book. I'm thinking that this book has it all already. I love all the characters and the gist. Tucker and Angela made it even more beautiful because of their sense of humor. Most of their lines actually made me laugh. The part where Angela couldn't keep her mouth shut even if Clara made her promise not to ask her mom about angels still makes me smile every time I remember that part.

The book started with depicting Clara's vision. Well, we know that all angels have their mission, and in order for them to know what their real mission is, they have to find out and connect all the pieces from their vision. As per Clara, she kept on visioning fire on forest, where a guy is trapped. By connecting all the pictures on her vision, she found out that the forest fire would happen somewhere in Wyoming, so her family had to leave California where they grew up just so she can fulfill her mission. 

It wasn't a great transition for Clara because had to adjust to her surroundings and find where Christian (the guy trapped on fire) is. She has to get used to with the environment, and of course make new friends on her new school. But due to her great personality, she was able to find good friends and excel with what she does on the book.

  Even if everything starts to fall in its right place, she had to conceal her true angel side because people are not supposed to know that she's a Quarterian. But as the story progress, "some of her friends" found out about her secret, and at the same time, Clara also found out some revelations that made her mission easier to be fulfilled. It turned out Clara's family are not the only angel-bloods in Wyoming. 

After all, saving Christian is not how the book would end, because Cynthia Hand was able to make a good twist that would make the heart of the book readers cringe. Clara will be torned whether she should save the love of her life or follow her real mission on Earth. 





No comments:

Post a Comment