Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) by Jessica Sorensen


My rating: 2 stars


I know there are many raving fans of this book, but for some reasons, I didn't enjoy reading the book as much other bookworms did. 

Perhaps, I would like it even more if I haven't read "Hopeless" yet. I felt like reading a different version of Colleen's book; except that I loved Hopeless more than the Coincidence of Callie and Kayden. I am also thinking that I am suffering from a book hangover; that's why I didn't appreciate the book that much. 

The phasing of the story is too fast - the secrets of Callie and Kayden were revealed abruptly and were not explained thoroughly and you have to reach the last few chapters before they truly reveal what it is. 

Though their secrets are very predictable from the beginning of the book already, it could have been better if there were some twists that Jessica Sorensen added on the book. I also do not like the fact that the character of Kayden's father wasn't explained why he always hits his sons. 

The names of the characters are also a minus factor for me. Seems like both names are for women; and I think it would be better if she named Kayden as Andrew/Matthew; (but i guess, Jessica has her reasons - looking at her other books she's really fond of unisex names). 

No comments:

Post a Comment