Thursday, April 4, 2013

As Dead As It Gets (Bad Girls Don't Die, #3) by Katie Alender


My rating: 4 stars

Finally, I’ve already finished the Bad Girl Series, and I can say that Katie Alender really amazed me with her creativeness. This is the kind of series that doesn’t seem like to be a series. You know the typical kind of series that you have to really grasp the story of the previous book just to get along with its sequel. The kind of series that you can read even if you haven’t read the previous book, because each book has a different substance.

If the first book focused on dolls and the second book dealt with Aralt, this last sequel focused more on Photographs and dead people. Ghosts and Photographs is really a scary combination and would give you Goosebumps if you try to visualize everything on the book. Who likes to stare at ghosts captured on photographs anyway? Way too scary!

The first part of this sequel really crept me out and I almost stopped reading it. The way how Katie described the ghosts is really SCARY! The dress, flowers and other things connected to demise. Good thing, everything turned out pretty well, and Lydia’s ghost really amused me from beginning to end. I was too scared with her on the first part but eventually, she turned out to be a good ghost and never left Alexis’ side. It’s as if she became Alexis’ guardian angel.

The ending was a so-so for me, and it looked like Alexis can never be a normal person again. And yes, I predicted who is really the main cause of the bad things that revolved on the book. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment