Friday, June 14, 2013

Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1) by Rebecca Donovan


Is Carol a psycho? She really got into my nerves and felt like throwing my reader every time I see her name. I wanted to go to the police and tell them exactly what she keeps on doing to Emma - and George? Are you that blind not to realize that your wife is a freaking psycho? Isn't it obvious that this book really consumed me because I couldn't explain the angst I feel towards Carol. 

So, Carol isn't really the main character on the book. She's the husband of the brother of Emma's father. She's abusive, and would really make you cringe knowing the things she does to Emma. She has the tendency to make stories and pretent that she's not doing something wrong. 

On the other hand, if we remove Carol's character on the book i don't think I wouldn't finish reading it. She's the reason why I was so eager to finish book 1 because I wanted to know if she will be ever caught and get arrested on the book. But too bad, that's not the way how it was written and I'm thinking that I'll read more of that heartless woman on book 2. 

So can you imagine how dull the book would be if Carol isn't part of the story? . Also, I think there are a lot of unnecessary scenes that may have be omitted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment