Monday, May 20, 2013

Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer Armentrout

382 pages
Published December 11th 2011

It took me a week before I finished this book. Prior to reading this 3rd book, I said that I would indulge myself fr Daemon and Kat's team up, but I don't know what happened to that notion, because I had a hard time connecting with the story and I find the story a bit too slow. Perhaps one reason I felt that way is because I over indulged myself with Luxens and its as if I still have a book hangover from Onyx. 

In as much as I would like to enjoy the book, unfortunately I had to skip some lines just to jump to the next scene. For me, this book has a good substance but there's a missing piece on the story that I couldn't seem to figure out. 

If book 2 focused on Kat's training, Opal mainly focused how to save Bethany and how to get away with the Daedelus. New characters were introduced, - Paris and Luc who helped the Black's and Thompson's to fulfill their mission - and that is to get past the DOD from saving Bethany. If you're a big fan of Daemon and Kat's love team, you'd surely enjoy reading this because Daemon's sweet and adorable side was quite prominent on this book. 

And the ending- I thought everything's going to be okay, but unfortunately an incident happened that would surely make you want to read the last installment already! ☺ 

PS- I still love the way how Daemon comes up with different names for Blake.

No comments:

Post a Comment