Monday, May 13, 2013

Onyx (Lux #3) by Jennifer Armentrout

Paperback366 pages
Published August 14th 2012 

Powerful. Page Turner. Consuming.

I can’t explain how happy I am that I gave this book a chance. Honestly, I was really hesitant to read the Lux series. I am a big fan of paranormal books, but when I read the blurb on good reads about this book, the aliens kind of disappointed me. Angels, goddesses and immortals are okay for me, but aliens? That’s quite new for me.

New – and WAY TOO REFRESHING for me. This book really took my breath away. I fell in love with Daemon and Kat’s character. Perhaps I am partial, because Kat’s the name of the leading lady, but still their personalities on the book is very pleasing.  5 stars are not enough to rate how much I appreciated and loved this book from beginning to end. I can’t wait to read more of Daemon and Kitty’s love team. Too bad the last installment hasn’t been published yet, so I really have to savor the “Opal.”

Onyx focused on Kat’s training how to handle her super powers. If you’re wondering how she got her super powers, it’s because Daemon had cured on her book 1 which apparently made her a mutant. New characters are introduced on this book. There’s Will – Katy’s mom love interest who happened to be Bethany’s uncle and wanted to be mutated by Daemon. His bad side was revealed on the latter part of the book; though on the beginning, Kat had a great feeling that Will has bad intentions.

Blake – whom I thought is a part of a love triangle, but also a mutant. He acted as a normal guy who seemed to have interest to Kat. But eventually, he revealed his personality to Kat and promised her that he will train her so they can practice and enhance their abilities and fight the DOD. But in the long run, he had other motives and that is to surrender Kat to the DOD so they wouldn’t hurt/kill Chris who healed Blake.

Love interest of Daemon and Kat was more prominent on this book. Daemon started to pursue Kat on his arrogant and little ways. Of course, his sense of humor and the way he tease Kat was more intense on this book. That was actually the fun part on this book.
A lot of secrets were revealed too and believe it or not, Bethany and Dawson are both alive. Now, that’s something to look forward book three. ☻

No comments:

Post a Comment