Thursday, April 4, 2013

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman


My rating: 5 stars

“Hate me. Devastate me. Annihilate me. Re-create me. Re-create me. Won't you, won't you won't you re-create me.” 

5 stars are not enough to rate how much I love this book. I was very eager to finish the last installment and curious about the ending. Reading this book made me realize too many things. Hold on but learn to let go. 

If I stay is such a good book, but Where She Went really took my breath away, (Almost literally) :) I easily connected with the main characters, and was really sorry for Adam - when Mia left her hanging. It's as if I am reading the English version of Popoy (a Filipino Movie), only worse! 

I admire Adam how and Mia moved on with their lives and how they returned to each others arms. Now, that's what love is all about. Time, Patience, Understanding and Letting Go. 

There's this one line on the book that really made me cry - it was the part when Mia said to Adam the reason why she hated him; when she uttered the words: "Because you made me stay". 

I also love the way how Gayle wrote some verses from the Album Collateral damage on each chapters. Everything about it is so heart breaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment