Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Alchemy of Forever (Incarnation, #1) by Avery Williams


My rating: 4 stars

The plot is awesome and there were no dull moments while reading this book. However, no matter how much I enjoyed reading this, there's something missing about this book that I couldn't figure out. Maybe it's because Sera/Kailey focused too much how to get used to with her new life, and to think of ways how to escape from being an immortal. I was expecting more "action". Something more dark, I suppose. 

What I loved about this book is it's fast paced, and how the Immortals/Incarnates were described. It is not the typical immortals I thought of where vampires and other creatures existed (yeah, I've had enough vampires since the book twilight), but on this book, the immortals are one way or another a mortal. They die. Their host dies when the incarnates transfer to another body. 

**Warning: There's a spoiler on this part:

Hopefully the last installment will be released early this year, so I get to find out what would happen between Kailey and Noah; now that Cyrus incarnated to Noah's body! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment