Thursday, April 4, 2013

Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) by Colleen Hoover


My rating: 5 stunning stars

"The heart of a man and a woman in love? It’s worth all of the pain in the world."

When I finished reading this book, I start to wonder if a person who enjoys reading books can cry too much too? Everything about this about is just so brilliant, and with that, I’d like to thank you Ms. Colleen Hoover for writing beautiful books. I love all your works, and I’m looking forward to read the last installment for Hopeless. 

Make sure to have enough tissue if you plan to read this. The “Slam”, the sayings, the Avett Brothers lyrics, the notes on the stars – everything about this book Trust me, they are just heart wrenching.

At one point, this book is the classic heart wrenching story you’d watch on big screen. Boy falls in love with the girl. They break up. They reconciled. But the boy’s ex GF returned and the present GF sees his BF hugged his ex GF; and that would be a total disaster, once again they reconciled – but after reconciliation there’s an accident. Then the girl recovers, and they get married.

But since Colleen is so good at writing her books, this story turned out REALLY BEAUTIFUL. I know for a fact that if I re-read this Point of Retreat, I’d cry over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment