Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky



My rating: 2 stars


Hhm, it was okay but unlike others (well looking at their reviews) I wasn't quite impressed with the story. It didn't move me at all or had a hard time connecting with the characters. Perhaps one of the reasons why I had this feeling is because my HS life was really boring, or shall I say I'm more of the goodie goodie type student. I never had the chance to go out late a night and party with my friends, drink, and try those stones. So I think this book is far from reality in my own world. Plus I think experiencing those things just like what Charlie narrated is too much at the age of 15. 

On the other hand, I liked the way how Stephen wrote the book. ;) How Charlie narrated everything by writing letters which I think is really intended for the boom reader :)

No comments:

Post a Comment